Sterilisation and Infection control guidelines
Sterilization and Infection control guidelines
- We take infection control and safely very seriously. We audit our fugues regular basis.
- We use disposable single use sterile instruments, pre packed as national regulations.
- We have an infection control policy, which covers the disposal of clinical waste and the handling of used instruments. We have a contract with a clinic waste disposal company to dispose those.
- Hand hygiene: hands must be decontaminated immediately before each and every episode of direct patient contact or care and after any activity or contact that could potentially result in hands becoming contaminated.
- The use of personal protective equipment: gloves must be worn as single-use items. They must be put on immediately before an episode of patient contact or treatment and removed as soon as the activity is completed. Gloves must be changed between caring for different patients.
- The safe use and disposal of sharps.
- Floors are cleaned with chlorine solution like hospitals and mops are kept in locked cabinet in non-clinical area.
- All non-disposable materials are cleaned as per manufacturer’s recommendations
- Safety is maintained with accessible emergency anaphylaxis drugs, oxygen, and relevant policy.
- Mats and chairs are cleaned regularly